Friday 23 May 2014

Animated audition a short slap stick test

Here is an audition I did for a job at the start of the year. The mail came out of the blue on the 3rd of January "We would like you to complete the audition ASAP".  I was given a version of the model to work on by the company but the rigg didn't work and the mesh had errors and too much subdivision to skin easily so I had to rebuild and re-rigged it. It was a bit of a mad rush to get it done in time but good practice. I always liked cartoons like Road Runner and the Pink Panther so it was fun to do something slap stick. One of the best things about it was I showed it to my kids and they loved it. I  really enjoyed doing the animation and hope you enjoy watching it , I haven't done something like this for a while so it made a nice change.



It's a little bit like the style I used to work in when I worked for Kuju on the Eye Toy games, I have an urge to try doing some more work like this as it came very easy to me. The swords and sorcery stuff I'm working on at the moment is a bit of a battle at times. The funny green thing I animated for the audition was much easier to set up and build than the characters I've been making recently. With a bit of Z-brush fiddling it could look really cool I think.



The clip above was a style test I did for Kuju.

4 comments:

  1. Great work Ezra i particularly like the top video, what program did you use to produce that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dexter, it's all done with Maya. The lower clip is running on a PS2 but was created with Maya.

      Delete
    2. Great stuff your be working for Pixar in no time.

      Delete

Comments welcome, this is a dofollow blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...